Thursday, January 29, 2009

A little of Everything...


She's such a little girl now!!

What a crazy busy week! Jason, Cort and I have been working out at the gym at night and it's been great. Tonight I stayed home with Stella so Tawni could go. Of course with Cort and Jason it's all about who can do it the longest, fastest and hardest and I'm just happily texting away while on the treadmill and bikes. When Jason and Tawni stopped by to pickup Stella, Cort was watching Jeopardy! By some amazing twist of fate, Jason knew the answer to one of the questions that happened to be identifying the rock band Warrant. Jason leaps up shouting Warrant! What is Warrant!! and he immediatley busts out singing "She's my Cherry Pie!!" all the while playing air guitar. Little Stella looked up at him with the funniest look on her face. Then she looked at her Mom and I like "is he for real? Of course Cort was singing along as well which made it sound like a really bad rock concert. Today Cort went skiing with a customer from his work up at Brianhead and had a blast. Skiing one hour north of us and no snow here...can you say perfect world!

Last night my friend Tammi (Stepp) had me over for dinner. Her husband Bill who is the VP of Operations where I work was out of town on business, so Tammi and I got together. She made a fabulous Grilled Chicken Salad and we sat sipping wine and chit chatting much longer than I intended to stay. It was so much fun, thanks Tammi!

A week from Saturday Michelle, Heidi, Lori and I are going to see Hinder and Theory of a Dead Man in concert. Remember when I went to Denver back in August to see my friend Kelly? Well her fiance' Josh is an amazing guitar player and he used to play with Theory of a Dead Man! So it's girls night at a rock concert next weekend!

I was working away at the office today when my old friend Rocky Forman from Wheeler Machinery stopped by to see me. Each time he stops by I'm either in meetings or out of the building, but today was his lucky day and I was available! We sat in my office for over an hour talking about all of our friends at Wheeler and what had happened to everyone. He said they just celebrated Don Wheeler's 80th Birthday with a big celebration in Salt Lake. I wished I would have known, I would have tried to be there. All of us who met and worked at Wheeler Machinery have a special bond. In the 80's it was like a huge family all working together and many friendships, marriages and divorces were made there, haha. I wouldn't have my best friend Jody Hill nor would I have had my life with Scott if we all hadn't worked there. I will always love and appreciate the time I worked with that group of people.

Tomorrow night I work at the fitness club. Afterwards I'm meeting Michelle and Company at Jazzy Java for some funky music entertainment. It's a fun little eclectic place to hang out. I've had a couple offers for Super Bowl Sunday, but haven't decided what I want to do for sure. A superbowl without the Patriots, well...it's just not as much fun!!

Happy and Safe SuperBowl Weekend...Be Safe Out There!
xoxox