Saturday, August 8, 2009

My Summer At A Glance



What a busy summer. Henrik was here for almost the entire month of July. We enjoyed getting up in the mornings on the weekend and driving the Harley somewhere for breakfast. We enjoyed breakfast in Pine Valley, Zions, Mesquite and New Harmony. I love riding on the back of the Harley, especially with the views in this area that I can enjoy while Henrik was busy driving us safely to our destinations.

Gail and Kip were here for a long weekend following my Mom's funeral in Salt Lake. It was so great to see them both and for them to get to see the kids and Stella. We went up to Oscar's at Springdale in the mouth of Zions. It was a perfect day to eat out on the patio and then we went up to tour Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. Gail and Kip are fans of Dogtown on the National Geographic Channel so they were excited to see what a great place it is. We drove by the Vicktory pit bulls, but most were inside because of the heat. We spent alot of time visiting cats in several of the cat buildings and then drove over to Angels Rest so we could put more beautiful polished stones on Madison's grave.

While Henrik was here, he bought a hummingbird feeder for the hummers that were born in the bush in my backyard. In no time, they started to enjoy the feeder. One night we were sitting having dinner on the patio when one of the babies flew right into the flower on the table, not 10" inches from us. He was there for several minutes drawing nectar from the flowers without any fear from us at all. Today I went out to get the feeder to clean and refill it. When I was taking it down, one of the hummers actually landed on my arm! It was so awesome.

Our weather has been fabulous. A cold front has moved in so our temps have only been in the 90's. This morning it was 67 degrees outside which felt so nice. It's a little early for this type of temps so we aren't turning the furnace on yet!

I just heard that Van Morrison is going to be in concert in Las Vegas so I went to see when the concert is...of course, my luck...it's the weekend I'm going to be moving! I would have liked to go to that concert, especially after having listened to his music while Henrik and I was cruising thru Liechtenstein and the Austrian country roads. Every day I am reminded of something from my European trip, I am so greatful to Henrik for taking me on this amazing trip.

So, about my moving. I have rented a 1-bedroom apartment on the 3rd floor of an apartment complex. I have convinced myself that this small place will be like living in a flat in New York City. My favorite things about it are the view from the patio, the gas stove, and that it is closer to my work. The things I will miss? Walking with Stella on the golf course, the adorable hummingbirds I have learned to love, and alot of really great memories in this house.

Tomorrow I plan to hike the Emerald Pools in Zions. I hope to make it to all three pools, we will see. Next Friday I head to Salt Lake. I am staying with Jody and Kevin, am meeting Lana for lunch on Saturday, and taking my Dad to lunch on Sunday for his birthday. Saturday night I have a few options but nothing firmed up yet.

I am improving everyday from my leg problems. I am still trying to get my blood to cooperate, but the numbness in my foot and toes is going away which I am VERY happy for. I am back to working 9-10 hours per day which I wish I didn't have to do. I am walking now with almost no pain and I am able to pick up the pace more and more.

Well, it's almost midnight and time for me to go to bed. I love you all and based on the responses to my question about keeping my blog going it sounds like many of you want me to continue. So, I will continue to post here, at least for a little while longer.

I love you all and I am grateful for everyone I have in my life. :-)