Monday, March 30, 2009

Hey It's Your Birthday...We're Gonna Have A Good Time!!

Oh my gosh, if only Heidi could have a Birthday every day!! We had so much fun last Friday. Heidi, Michelle and Heather (yes another one of their sista's) met up with Cortney and Wes for dinner at the Texas Roadhouse. When it's your birthday they roll this S-T-U-P-I-D saddle on wheels up to your table, make you sit on it and they sing Happy Birthday with a Hee-Haw flare. It has got to be the most embarrasing thing ever! Well, let me tell you about Heidi. She is what the term "light-weight" was originally referring to when she drinks. Half a Margarita down and so is Heidi! Well, the saddle rolled up after she a finished her Margarita and low and behold! Heidi saddles up! Of course we couldn't let the evening end there so off we went to the Firehouse Bar. We ran into some other friends there and continued to have a great time. I had to work the morning at 8:00 so I bugged out around 1:00 a.m. The rest of them closed the place down then went to Randy's house and played Guitar Hero until after 3 in the morning. They are all such bad influences on me! The only one missing was Amber...she was on child sitting duty. We missed you Amber! Anyway, it was a good time for sure.

Saturday I stayed home! After a late night at the Charlie Daniels concert Thursday night and then the birthday party, I planned to just kick back at home and relax. It worked out perfectly cause Tawni bathed Stella, put her cute little jammies on her and they came down and played for the evening. It was so nice. I love it that we live so close that it's not a big deal to end up spending the evening with my family without a big production.

Sunday I spent almost the entire day looking for houses for sale. Henrik finds the ones he thinks he's interested in buying and then I get all the fun in going to look at them for him while he's in Europe. I've seen some amazing houses! One of them was 5,700 square feet! For just a brief moment, I allowed myself the simple pleasure of dreaming about living in in a house with amenities that verbose! Not only was there 2 kitchens, but there was 2 full size laundry rooms! Ha Ha! Henrik brought me back to my senses though. When he mentioned the energy bills in the summer here in the red rock desert, it made me choke and I quickly returned to reality! It was fun while it lasted. Tee Hee A bizarre coincidence at one of the houses Henrik sent me too. It is a beautiful brand new spec or model home that was in the Parade of Homes. Sadly though, you have to drive thru the ghetto part of town to get to this georgeous new subdivision with spectacular views. In addition to the ghetto drive, there is a ginormous water tank sitting just off to the side of the subdivision making a terrible eyesore. I emailed Henrik from my Blackberry that it was a great house but bad, bad location. So, today, Rocky from Wheeler Machinery stops into my work. I didn't stop into the Maverick convenience store this morning and that always makes them worry about me so he stopped in to see if everything was okay. Anyway I'm telling him about the houses I was looking at and told him about how beautiful that home was but how crappy the location was. Well...guess who just bought the lot RIGHT next door to that house! There I was trashing the neighborhood where he is planning on building a house! I felt so stupid. We both actually started laughing about it. He said he didn't give a crap about the ghetto below, that he could sit in his beautiful backyard, drinking beer enjoying the far-away vistas and when he was done, he could throw the beer bottle over the fence, down into the ghetto neigbors yard and they wouldn't notice a thing. You know, I think he's on to something there.

Yet another jammed packed week..tomorrow night after my hair appt. I'm meeting a friend Tami for drinks, Wednesday Tawni and Stella along with Kaydee and Saidee and myself are having a Girls Night Out...don't know what that is yet, but it's gonna be fun! Thursday is my regular Grammie night with Stella and then I'm also watching her Friday night as it's ward Temple night for Jason and Tawni. She is so much fun now that she is walking, we have busy, busy little feet and we just keep them moving!

Enjoy the pics from the Birthday Bash! Wish you could have all been there!
Hugs



Wes and Forrest Gump?

Heidi, Wes, Michelle, Cort, Heather and Me at the Firehouse celebrating Heidi's Birthday!

Michelle and Cortney arguing over whose beer was whose!
Do we look sweet and innocent or what! Do not believe it for one minute!
Heidi gets on the Birthday Saddle at Texas Roadhouse. I could not believe she actually did it!
Cort and his friend Wes joined us as well. He LOVES my friends and we all have a great time together!