Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mt Everest Trail aka Cardiac Arrest - CONQUERED!

Ha! Henrik asked me if I had done the Mt. Everest Trail here in Coral Canyon and I told him I had not. For obvious reasons, I never attempted this amazingly steep, paved hiking trail that traverses the hill south of where I live UNTIL TONIGHT. During his daily runs, he would successfully take on this challenge. I am perfectly satisfied that I could WALK the damn thing without stopping to catch my breath! I found motivation in the rabbits that were running up the trail in front of me, LOL. So, up I went and it was great! Once to the top I continued along celebrating my accomplishment, HaHa. The best part was knowing it was down hill all the way home! I gained 7 lbs while Henrik was here so I'm working SUPER hard to burn it back off. Mt Everest aka Cardiac Arrest just may be my secret weapon.

Cort's week didn't start off so good. After seeing the doctor for an infected bug bite yesterday, Cort returned to work and while there, a blood vessel in the area of the wound burst open! According to Jason, blood was squirting out EVERYWHERE! There's a EMT that works with them who instructed Cort to lay down and started to do first aid. They took him for Emergency treatment and they fixed him back up. He's feeling much better tonight. He is so accident prone!!

Big plans with the girls this week...Amber, Michelle, Heidi and I are going to see The Charlie Daniels Band at Tuachan, an outdoor amphitheater, Thursday night. Amber and Michelle both claim they know every word to the song "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" so Heidi and I will be witness to a live sing-off that night. We all have such a fun time together, Thursday will be no different.

Tawni took Stella to Las Vegas today and they will be back tomorrow. Tawni's friend Courtney from California is there staying at her Dad's home so Tawni took the baby to go and see her, even if just for a short visit. They came by last night to visit and to check on Cort so we got to play with Stella for a little while.

I work Friday night and Saturday at The Summit Athletic Club. I haven't worked there for a few weeks so it will be nice to see everyone again. There's also a Harley ride on Saturday that some of my friends are going on, Cort may not be able to go now, but if he feels up to it, I'm hoping we can go.

We're planning a company wide hike for Sylarus the 2nd weekend in April. The plans are to hike Watchmans in Zions and take a picnic along with us. It is still in the planning process, but everyone is getting excited to get out in the beautiful weather and to enjoy the beauty of the park.

Well, that's it for my upcoming week! Thanks for the texts, messages on Facebook and emails! I love hearing from all of you!
Hugs and Kisses!