Friday, March 13, 2009

Time with Henrik

As you can see in the slideshow, Henrik and I kept very busy while he was here for a month. Everything from family dinners, babysitting Stella, hikes in Zions and riding the Harleys on several rides, the longest one being to Laughlin, NV. We had such a great time!

Some of the highlights included International Scrabble, a made up version so Henrik could add Danish words to the board; dinner at Kathy and Rons where Henrik got overheated by Ron's oversized man-garage full of man-toys. I was concerned he would pack his bags from home and move to their place in New Harmony to play with Ron all day! Our longest Harley ride was from St. George to the shoreroad of Lake Mead all the way to the Hoover Dam and then south to Laughlin which is almost in California. I thoroughly enjoyed the ride although it did get a little cold the last 30 minutes into Laughlin because the sun went down. I was surprised how comfortable I was even after 5 hours on the back of the bike. Multiple trips to Zions to both hike and drive through on the way to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary were great. Other Harley rides with both Dave (Tawni's Dad) and Cortney were awesome. Both Henrik and Patrick made good use of my bicycle while they were here. Henrik probably put over 700 miles on it! Between running daily and riding the bike 15-20+ miles per day, he freaked the boys right out.

Now he has returned to Denmark and we miss him terribly. We will see each other again most likely in May when he returns here or I go to Denmark. Still waiting on that one.

Other things going on are Jody and Kevin will be here the weekend of the 20th and I can't wait to see them. The last time they were here was to help me move into this house. I can't beleive a year has gone by already!

I hope to be able to add another slideshow for you tonight or tomorrow of our little Stella. She is so amazing. Every day now there is something new from her. I can't begin to express to you what light she brings into our lives. I knew I would love being a grandma but I didn't quite realize how it would differ from being a parent. How lucky I am to experience her so much in my life.

Lastly, after prodding from many of you, I am up and going on Facebook so look for me under Glenda Wilson, St George, UT. I'm amazed at how many of you I've connected with there as well.

Tomorrow is poker night at my house....more AFTER the event!!
Love Ya