Sunday, June 29, 2008

Did you think we would ever return?




















I myself can't believe how busy I have been since I last updated my blog. I don't know where to begin. Probably the most bizarre but interesting experience I've had was meeting my first Shaman here in St George Utah. Shamans are considered by some to be spiritual beings with the ability to heal, work with energies and 'see' visions. The essential characteristics of shaman are mastery of energy and fire as a medium of transformation. My curiosity was peaked, mostly by the fire ceremony that was held in a Red Rock Canyon natural ampitheater sitting high above the city of St. George. Coincidently, it was also a full moon that night. It was a most unusual experience to say the least and I now have yet another experience to add to my list.

I've been taking advantage of the gift certificate that Jason and Tawni gave me on Mothers Day to The Getaway Spa for a pedicure and of the free massage that all of the staff at the Summit Fitness Club got. My pedicure was fabulous and I left with my toenails painted black. I know it sounds bizarre, but they're georgeous!! That same night I had to bolt over to candle party that Tawni's Aunt Sandy was having at her house.

Earlier that week, we had a BBQ at Steve and Sandy's house as a going away celebration for their daughter Holly who was chosen to participate in an exclusive 6 week dance school in New York City. She is extremely talented and we are all so excited for her.



Two nights last week I went to dinner with friends. One was Tami Stepp whose husband is our new VP of Operations. They relocated here from Allentown, PA. Tami and I went to Scaldoni's a wonderful Italian restuarant here in St. George. They have a great Chicken Caeser Salad and they carry one of my favorite hard to find wines by the glass! Cheers to the Gewertziminers!

Last night I hosted a "Casual Mingle" with all of the management team from my work and their significant others. There were about 15 people here for beverages and appetizers. We had a great time and they all loved my new place and especially the views. It felt really nice to entertain a group of friends like that again.

On the nights that I wasn't attending fire ceremonies or hanging out at spa's I was busy working at the Fitness Club. I love the people there, both the staff and the members. It's really not like going to a job at all. My full time job is going well but there are a lot of changes going on.

Today was the first day that I really have not had anything demanding in quite awhile. I turned on the NASCAR race only to realize that it was NHIS at Louden New Hampshire, where I attended my first and several other NASCAR races. It made me think of all my National Distributors friends who were there in the grandstands and of each of the trips I had made there, most often with Cort. Of course, the race ended due to rain, which quickly diminished any longing I had to be there. I looked out at the beatiful blue sky and puffy white clouds here in St George and just smiled.

My little Stella is becoming quite the big girl. Tawni always has her dressed up to the hilt, in fact Tawni's dad Dave was laughing and telling me that Stella is like an accessory for Tawni! Her smile melts my heart and I can't get enough of her.

My latest read, called "The Shack" has been a real page turner. In fact, I'm ending now so that I can spend the evening reading the rest of the book. Enjoy the pics and know that I love each and every one of you!