Monday, June 2, 2008

Moving Weekend!


We're here and we love it! We had so much help from friends, family and new neighbors it was amazing. As I had mentioned before my best friend Jody and her husband Kevin drove down from Salt Lake to help us move. Kevin and Cortney tore it up when it came to hanging, fixing, and installing things at the new house. When we pulled up to Black Stone Circle and started unloading the moving van, neighbors from all around us started pitching in and unloading. It was awesome! On Saturday night we had a big BBQ for everyone who helped. Cortney manned the BBQ, Tawni made an excellent pasta salad and we threw in some baked potatoes and corn. We were all so hungry it hit the spot!

Jody crocheted a handmade blanket for Stella which is beautiful. Tawni just loved it and Stella used it for her morning exercises as you will see in the slideshow. Jody and Kevin stayed until mid afternoon on Sunday and then they headed back to Salt Lake. I love you both and thank you so much for your help! I can't wait until you come back so we can have a weekend of playing not working!

We've already reaped the benefits of living near Jason, Tawni and Stella. Saturday morning they all showed up to visit while we were unpacking. We got to see Stella in her "morning mood" which is so sweet. Then last night Jason and Tawni grabbed Cortney and they walked over to the golf course after it closed to find golf balls. I guess they take their irons with them and when they find a crappy golf ball they play it, if its a good ball they keep it. Cort said they walked about 2 miles.

Today is Monday and it's my final day off. I'm wrapping up a few things and then head back to my crazy schedule tomorrow. I've really enjoyed my quiet calm morning at my new house. It is everything I had hoped and more.

In a few days I'll post some more inside pictures of our place. Now we have even more room for all of you when you come to visit!

Thanks again to all who helped. I love you!