Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A MidSummer's Night Dream

This picture was taken only a few minutes ago from my front porch. I worked at the Fitness Club until 8:00 pm tonight and while driving home I called Cortney to see if he wanted to walk the golf course with me tonight. He was up for it so when I pulled in the driveway he was there with two 5 irons and a pocket full of range balls. We walked a few streets over to the 11th hole and starting to hit balls from the fairway, dodging the rainbirds that were shooting water as if out of a canon. We were having a great time when we saw a truck stop on Coral Canyon Blvd, just a few feet away. We thought we were busted for sure. Instead, it was Jason, returning from his golf league with his buddies. He spotted Cort and I out on the course and jumped out to join us, his full set of golf clubs in tow. We shot around a bit and all of us were hitting Jason's amazing Ping driver. I watch in amazement at how good Jason is at golf. Cort is also good but he doesn't get to play as often as Jason. Anyway, when we finished we all walked home. Cort was giving Jason a ride up to his house as it is a little to far for Jason to walk carrying his club. When I turned around to wave goodnight to Jason, the moon was absolutely breathtaking so I ran inside and grabbed the camera.

What a wonderful evening I had with my sons. I loved the spontenaiety and how, without any planning, we all ended up at the same place hanging out together. Will someone please pinch me??