Friday, July 11, 2008

A New Look!


Thanks to Jessica, my Blog has a new face lift. And, with subject matter like Stella, it's very easy to choose the designs and images. Some of you may not know but Jessica Orchard has been doing all of my blog designing for me and I have never met her! I won't be able to say that in a few weeks when she comes to St. George to visit. Jessica's sister KayDee Smith does my hair. KayDee is responsible for my entire hair makeover and her sister Jessica does my Blog makeovers! How lucky am I? KayDee is expecting and Jess will be here from Virginia (I think) for her baby shower. Jessica like many of you has gotten to know Stella through the blog and will finally have a chance to meet her in person. I am so excited to actually meet the person who has helped me get my blog out to all of you.

At this exact moment I am sitting out on my back porch in the dark watching the lightening storm of the century. Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE thunder and lightening and that I LOVE sitting outside to enjoy it. It is the beginning of the monsoon season here in the desert which brings some of the most amazing weather. We get limited rain here so when the monsoons begin it's awesome. The downside is that the lightening causes major fires. With the view of Zions National Park from my backyard, I can see the lightening bolts illuminating the sillouette of the Park. The lightening is striking directly down to the ground as well as ribbon-like horizontal streamers in the sky. It's georgeous! To my friends Jody and Cris...I know that thunder and lightening is your least favorite thing in the world, so if you come to visit, DO NOT COME DURING THE MONSOONS! Here we go! The power just went out! I'm sitting here typing in the darkness of the desert with the sounds of rain pounding against the windows and God bowling in the skies. Oops, the trash can and a lawn chair just took flight, narrowly missing my computer, I guess it's time to go inside. The lights are back on which was surprisely soon.

Cort has not had a good week. He fell on his back/shoulder while stream fishing and possibly cracked a vertabrae. They did some ct scans today but he has to wait until next week for results. He has alot of discomfort and is realizing that growing older takes a toll on your body!

Last night Jason and Tawni hosted "Taco Night", which has been a tradition for them for awhile. Tawni fixed up quite a spread for us and we enjoyed the evening with them. Cort got a new cell phone, his other was trashed, and Tawni helped him get it all set up. Stella and I played and Jason, well, he just walks around causing trouble. JK, LOL. He is a one-man entertainment committee. Watching he and Tawni with Stella is so heart warming. Tawni is a natural with Stella and is doing great as a Mom. Jason is so cute with Stella and you can see that she is his special girl. When he gets right down in her little face and makes noises, tickles her, and gives her rasberries, she just lights up. Cort and I rode Corts 4-wheeler up to their house. I drove, and Cort held on for dear life. How cool is that...a 1 mile 4 wheeler ride away from the kids. Cool beans.

Last weekend Cort got stuck with entertaining Mom so he took me out on a 4 wheel drive backroad to Toquerville Falls. From home it is about an hour away, but 45 minutes of it is on a really bumpy, but fun dirt road. After just short of 6 miles you come upon the falls which are pretty cool considering you are in the middle of NOWHERE!! The falls run off the cliffs into ponds that you can swim in. It was really cool.

Everything else is good. My Dad and his wife Hazel will be coming down from Salt Lake July 22 through July 27th. Theres a shuttle that drives back and forth from Salt Lake to St George every day and they are going to come down on it. Harry that owns the business actually picks my parents up at their house instead of the usual pickup location. He's awesome. Once here, they will spend most of their time indoors because of the heat. They haven't met Stella yet, so this will be a great time for all of us to get together and take pictures of the 4 generations.

I'm trying to plan a trip to Denver with a friend of mine to meet up with some other friends that I have there. That will probably be in mid-August. Then, I'm hoping to be in Austin TX for my sisters 50th birthday party in October. Cortney may be going with me for that trip, that is if he can't pay his own way!

I have a lot of pictures to share and will do so after the next couple of days. It's time to go lay in bed and watch the remainder of the storm.

If I haven't told you recently, I appreciate and love you and am so glad I have each and everyone of you!

Love,
Glenda