Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Long Time Coming for a Grandma!


I can't even begin to describe the feeling of actually holding little Stella in my arms for the first time. It was such a surprise, I had no idea when I went to the hospital tonight that I would be leaving with memories like these. She and I were the only ones there tonight (Tawni is going over later at night these days). I rocked her, hugged her and kissed her on her tiny little head. The tears welled up in my eyes several times as I held her and thought about what a delight she is going to be in our lives.
She is now bottle feeding regularly and Jason said today that they told them that Stella may be ready to go home in about 3 weeks. They are going to Las Vegas this weekend to pickup her crib.
I dream of being able to be the same kind of Grandma to Stella that my "Nanny" was to me. There wasn't much I couldn't get away with, but when I did cross the line, she could be heavy-handed...at least for 5 minutes. Making new memories is something I have loved to do with friends and family for many years. Now a new chapter of memories begin...Stella's Chapter and I hope to be the best Grandma I can be for her.