Saturday, January 26, 2008

2 Weeks and 1 Day


Thank you everyone who emailed about the video. Here's the answers to some common guestions and comments:

1. The big white thing on her left foot is a monitor. It velcros around and is changed back and forth between feet each day.
2. Yes, Jake the nurse is a big guy!
3. I understand some of you could not not see part of the video as the frame cut off. It appears that those with bigger monitors had that issue. I had a problem myself when I went from my laptop to my 21" monitor at work. Hopefully not to many of you had the problem. If you did, I now can email it direct to you (thanks again Jessica!)through photobucket.
4. She weighed about 2.2 ounces on this day.
5. When Jake is holding her at the beginning of the video, he is weighing her. There are built in scales in the beds so they lift her, weigh the bed, then place her back down and weigh again to get her weight. With the tape measure they are measuring around her tummy as I have mentioned in several of the other posts. This helps them to determine if she may have other issues going on in her stomach.

Now for an update. They have confirmed that Stella has an infection which they believe stems from the PIC line they inserted a few days back. They have ruled out the bladder infection through some tests done yesterday. They are giving her antibiotics and say she should come through this just fine. Our general understanding of why she stopped breathing the other day (several times) was attributed to the infection. I personally don't understand the connection but due to my being quarantined from the hospital with my Bronchitis I can't drill the medical team for more info! So once again Stella is holding her own and fighting back when she needs to.

A few more things to mention: for those of you that voted in the Which One Am I? poll here on the blog and who chose the little girl on the left, you were incorrect! That is a childhood friend Peggy. If you chose the little girl on the right, sorry, wrong again, that is my sister Gail. So, for those of you who chose the knock knee'd, gangly girl in the middle, you were right!!

Also, on Thursday of last week a bouquet of beautiful roses and carnations were left on my doorstep without a note. The only thing I could think of is that one of you who live nearby might have left it because of Stella and because I've been feeling poorly. If you did, thank you they are beautiful. If it wasn't any of you, hmmmmmmm.

This weekend I plan to get my strenght back, kick this illness and be ready to see Stella again soon. I plan to get lots of rest, finish a small book I'm reading called The Four Agreements by Don Miquel Ruiz, and keep by Blog updated of any Stella developments.

We love you all, thank you for being here for our family.

Love,
Glenda