Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Peaceful Weekend for Stella

















Stella got to have a skin on skin with her Daddy twice this weekend. Tawni has been the only one so far to enjoy their baby daughter laying on her chest. It is something that will bond them forever. Tawni is now busy updating their blog so if you just can't get enough of Stella, follow the link on the right side of this blog to Jason, Tawni's and Stella's personal blog.


I visited Stella on Saturday and she was all buttoned up in the isolette sleeping peacefully. She gained 2 ounces over the weekend which is wonderful. I snapped a few pic's while there but didn't reach into her little condo as she was so peaceful. It was a good thing as today I feel like I'm coming down with something and am really dragging.


For all of the Stella fans that come to this blog faithfully, we thank you. Now that we are past the critical points and we are mostly waiting for her to grow with each day before coming home, I will probably update this blog only a few times a week. Rest assured that ANY new developments will be posted here and I hope you will continue to watch our special little blessing grow in front of your eyes here in the days, weeks and years to come. We have been told to expect to take her home around her original due date of March 17th.


If you don't think things happen for a reason, let me share with you that up until 1 week before Stella was born, I didn't have this blog. I had decided out of the blue to put one together. One person who knew another person, who knew another, helped me get my blog up and going. Jessica, your awesome! 5 days later, I was sharing our family adventure with all of you and can't even imagine how we could have done it without this technology.





I also want to say that Cort and I had a great time with Ashley and Jody. We BBQ'd Friday night followed by a rousing game of Texas Hold Em, went to Mesquite, NV Cosmic Bowling on Saturday night and then played some BuzzTime Trivia while having lunch today at Ruby Tuesday's before they hit the road back up to Salt Lake. Of course all of the events were the kids vs. the Moms and I'm proud to say that the Mom's held their own for the most part. I kept thinking about our little Stella and how I was there with Jody at the hospital when Ashley, her first baby was born. There are many full circles that we experience in this life and each and everyone of them makes me grateful for all the experiences that have made up mine.