Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Baby Update



I've just returned from the hospital where the doctors have told us that Stella will most likely be delivered in the next 3-4 days. She is not improving but also hasn't worsened. The decision to take the baby Cesarean will be based on whether the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) can better help Stella or if leaving her with her mom is best. So, it's a day by day, hour by hour thing. If she is delivered, she will stay in the hospital until near her actual due date which is mid-March. The kids are holding up much better than me right now as you can see in the pictures.

You have no idea how grateful I am that I am living here near Jason and Tawni at this time. Going through something like this from 2500 miles away in Maine would have been paralyzing to me. I never take for granted that each day I get to see them, hug them, and bring food to Jason while he's sitting with her at the hospital. Tawni's parents are great people and good friends, this has brought all of us even closer as a family.


On a less serious note! Those of you who know my goofy son won't be surprised at these pictures of him self-administering a reflex test to his knee in Tawni's room last night. What a nut he is.


No comments: