Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Another Mother's Day and another day full of wonderful memories. It all started yesterday actually when Cortney and Michelle brought me a beautiful pot full of flowers for my patio. They BBQ Tri-tip steaks and they hung out with me all evening. Today we got up early and went to church. Yes! Cort too! We all met at Dave and Sharyl for photos then over to the church we went. Although I am not a big church going person, it was a nice feeling sitting in church with Jason and Cortney sitting next to each other and the two of them entertaining Stella during Sacrament Meeting.

After church with Jason and Tawni, I did my favorite thing to do with Cortney. We went for a Harley ride over to Snow Canyon and back. It was about 94 degrees out and a perfect day for a motorcycle ride. I even left my helmet at home I was so excited to have the wind blowing in my hair again!



We got home just in time for everyone to show up to my house for dinner. Dave, Sharyl, Andrea, Jason, Tawni, Stella and I had dinner together and later Jared showed up after a weekend in Vegas.



After dinner Sharyl and I opened our presents from Jason and Tawni. I got a gift card for a Spa Pedicure and Sharyl and I both got this adorable black and white picture of Little Stella's little derrier' waiting to get into the bath. It is such an adorable little photograph!



After dinner an ddessert we played a rousing game of Scrabble. Tawni kicked butt. When Henrik was here last we played International Scrabble so he could put a Danish word on the board, but tonight it was just plain old American Scrabble.



Everyone left around 9:00 pm. and I am crashing after a long and wonderful day. Now, the focus becomes the trip again...Henrik and I won't talk to each until I land in Billund, DK on Friday of this week as he is working in Sweden until Thursday, returning to DK on Friday early a.m.. I am so excited to see him again and start our fabulous drive through South Europe.



I love you all, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!