Friday, May 22, 2009

Austria, Slovenia and ITALY!

The ride down from the castle in Werfen, Austria



Across from our hotel in Werfen


My wonderful Austrian meal!



okay, who invited the cat to dinner?


My first dining experience in ITALIA!!

Henriks first big challenge...train, small streets, and then oncoming cars! He did so well!
Pictures, pictures, pictures... thats all I have time for today. Our day started in Werfen, Austria which is where several films where made including "Where Eagles Soar" with Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood as well as The Sound of Music. The Castle which is called Hohewerfen was an amazing tour along with a show that included falcons, american eagles and hawks. Those of you who know how afraid I am of birds would appreciate how well I stood still while these monster birds were flying above me. We left Austria, which is my opinion was one of the beautiful places I have ever seen to go to Slovenia. It wasn't nearly as beautiful as the other countries we have visited, but still, just knowing I had been there was amazing.

We arrived in Trieste, Italy around 5:00 pm this evening. Found a very cozy room after a brief encounter with Italian drivers in the side streets of Italy. Henrik was amazingly calm although releived once we got out of that area. My first meal in Italy of course consisted of Caprese Salad....never again will I experience Mozeralla cheese like I did tonight...the restaurant was so good and the food even better. The wine, the food and the people speaking Italian...please, somebody pinch me. Tomorrow we are headed to Venice which is about 2 hours from here. I can't tell you what a wonderful experience this has been for me and how wonderful Henrik has been on this trip. I am so lucky!
More later, when I get an iternet opportunity again!










And before I forget....the pictures of me holding my nose was in order for me to drink the 2nd scnappes Henrik ordered...then he ordered Jager Tea...didn't happen...I could not even gag it down! So, he got to enjoy them both!

Love to all!!




















View from Hohewerfen Castle. AMAZING!













SALZBURG, AUSTRIA?? YES, I WAS THERE!






Henrik enjoying Spagetti, real Italian style






Our view from the outdoor restaurant in Werfen of the Alps. It was like our very own mountain and our very own restaurant.












Yuk! Jager????