Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hej Hej from Denmark!

An evening with friends

Walking into the village of Tindbaek


Henrik in his forest hat picking up Nils to walk to friends.


Some of Henriks land across the street from the farm


Walking thru the middle of the village




Breakfast of champions! I loved the Danish cheese with caraways seeds.




Astrid and Peter
She is actually from Oslo, Norway so she speaks Norwegian, Danish and English and so does her dog Rocky







Way too much fun!








The beginning of Henriks forest from his back gardens






More of the natural gardens growing in the back of the house








I am enjoying the trip of lifetime. I can not even begin to tell you how beautiful this country is. All of the roads are little lanes that wind down through farms and acreage that are meticulously cared for. All of the bounderies of the properties are marked by big trees of one variety or another. The only fences I have seen are keeping livestock in.

My internet connection as well as my phone service has been rather sketchy while we are at the farm. Today we are in Langaa where Henrik owns several office buildings, houses, and apartments. He takes care of the grounds as know one else would do it as well I am sure. I am sitting in one of the business now using their internet, haha.

We have spent these first days in Tindbaek which is the village where Henrik's farm is. It is about 200 acres with views and vistas that are mesmerizing. Last night we were invited to another home in the village for dinner and drinks. Peter and Astrid invited us and another neighbor Nils Andersen over to their amazingly cozy home. If you were taller than 6 ft 2 inches tall you could not stand upright in this home. The kitchens here are very IKEA like...small, modern with a drawer or cupboard for everything. We had a wonderful dinner and then drank, sang, and laughed until 4:30 this morning! It was my job to get Henrik and Nils back to our own homes as they were both just a little tipsy. I wished I would have had it on camera. One of them on each arm, both of them talking in Danish of which I had no understanding and each of them wanting to go a different direction. It was such a good time.

Tomorrow we will be leaving to go south. We haven't even begun to discuss where we are going to start, but I'm sure it will be fabulous.

I'm going to try to post some pictures here but I am using Henriks Danish/Swedish computer and I can't read the keys!! There are also additional letters in their language so if you see an errant æ or ø or Ø or Å you will know my fingers are on the wrong keys yet again!

I miss you, I am having a wonderful time, and I will try to continue to Blog when we get to Germany.