Friday, April 10, 2009

Things....

I have a new hiking coach...S-T-E-L-L-A! I've told you about Mt. Everest aka Cardiac Arrest? Well Thursday night Stella coached me up that bad-boy hike pushing her stroller!! We were doing great until near the top I realized that somewhere between my gasping for air and closing my eyes to pray we reached the top soon Stella launched her binky (pacifier) out of the stroller. Not seeing her do this, you can only imagine my panic, when near the top of the hill, she decided she wanted it. Needless to say, there was no coaching necessary for me to descend Mt Everest at record speed looking for her binky all the while. We successfully located it on the sidewalk down in the subdivision. Wow, was that ever close!



The challenge:
Hairstyle by Stella: apply yogurt, lotion and some of your mom's contact lens solution to dry hair for this fabulous look!

The top half of the hike! Ooi!

Going down....



Tomorrow we are hiking in Zions with a group from Sylarus where I work. They are forecasting rain showers so only those of us that are die hard hiking enthusiasts are still planning to go but we are pysched about it for sure. We are planning to hike to the Lower Emerald Pools and Weeping Rock. After the hike we are planning a post-hike celebration lunch and beer at my favorite place to eat in Springdale/Zions, Oscars! There's nothing more motivating during a hike in Zions that knowing you are going to pound down a Murder Burger at Oscars afterwards.

Tomorrow night is a pre-Easter egg hunt and BBQ at Jason and Tawni's house for the family. Easter Sunday I'll be going to church with the family and then Sharyl is making Easter dinner for everyone at her and Dave's house. It's always so nice to spend the holidays together as a family, this one will be no exception.

Jason and Tawni continue to do well. JJ's Lawn Care is picking up nicely and from now until next October Jason and Cortney will be working every night after work taking care of customer lawns. Jason has a church calling working with the boy scouts...I think it's the 13 year olds, and Tawni has been called to serve in the Relief Society Presidency. We keep bugging them about when our next little house mouse is planned and so far we only hear "maybe next year". We'll see!

Cortney has been taking guitar lessons, has become "friends" my friend Michelle, is camping, fishing, skeet shooting and is thrilled that Harley riding season is back! He can't wait until Henrik is back in St George so he has someone to ride with.

Speaking of Henrik...here are some FAQ's and their answers that seem to keep coming from everyone:

  • He's Danish...which would make him from Denmark (a small country in Scandinavia for those of you who can't remember where the hell Denmark is Ha Ha, as if Scandinavia will help some of you :-)
  • Yes, he speaks English quite well, but has a charming accent. I've been adding some Danish words to my vocabulary like Goddag and Hej (Hello) and Farvel (farewell)! He tells me most Danish people speak English except for the older people. The word he says the most in English? "goddammitglendawilson" (all one word) LOL
  • No, we didn't meet online, we met in Zion National Park last October on a day that Cortney took me on a Harley ride. Cortney met him first, I came upon the two of them talking and comparing their Harley's.
  • Yes, he lives in a country house on many acres in a very small village in Denmark.
  • His work is in Sweden at a Nuclear Power Plant and is basically project oriented Each project lasts between 4-8 weeks. When he's not in Sweden or spending weekends in Denmark, he's here in St George.
  • Yes, I am staying with Henrik at his country house when I visit Europe, but we are going to be on the road for most of the trip. He laughed hysterically when I told him all the places I was planning on visiting while there...He says Europeans think Americans are so stupid to try and see Europe in 2 weeks. Instead of the 15 city/country tour I was envisioning, we are going to spend most of our time in Germany and Northern Italy, with a brief excursion to Bavaria. Either way, my plans to see Venice, Italy is definitely going to happen AND he promised that I will be able to drive on the Autobahn. The plan is to take back roads through the villages in South Europe, but how can I visit Germany and not drive a car as fast as the car will go without fear of a ticket!! Yes!
  • Yes, he has 3 children of his own...two sons and a daughter. He gets along famously with Stella and is very patient with my obsession with her, LOL.
  • Yes, it is very hard being in a long distance relationship, but we are learning how to deal with it. It will be like this for a few years and then we hope he will be living here most of the time. Ideally, our future together would include living in both places for some portion of each year. We'll see.
  • Yes, this means I'm "off the market", so quit asking! LMAO

Okay, that answers most of the questions that I can answer without risk of embarassing Henrik any further.

I hope all of you have a Happy Easter and that you get to spend it with those you love, doing what you love to do on Easter Sunday.

Big Hugs and Lots of Love,

Me