Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks on Thanksgiving Day 2008

Photobucket

I woke up very early this Thanksgiving morning and instead of rolling over and snuggling back into a peaceful sleep, I found myself reflecting on my life. What a difference a year makes! This time last year, my heart was so injured I didn't know if I would ever survive the pain. In contrast, this year my heart is so full thanks to so many of you. Each of you in some way has blessed my life.

Jason - I am so proud of you! Watching you with your daughter is the best feeling a Mom could have. Your eyes light up when you see her and her eyes smile and her arms and legs kick like crazy when she sees you. You are a good provider, working multiple jobs with long hours to support your family comfortably allowing Tawni to be at home with Stella instead of working outside of the home. I admire your conviction and dedication to your church and I appreciate the spirit and direction it brings into your life.

Cortney - Our lives changed drastically when you decided to return to Utah with me almost 2 years ago. You assumed the role of making sure Mom was okay, sometimes missing out on your own opportunities in life. You have such a huge heart and you are always there for people, even strangers. Last Thanksgiving when you took the turkey that you received from work out to the homeless family living in a tent in the desert, I was so proud. Your kindness to others is what makes you such a special man.

Tawni - Jason could not have found a better partner in life. You are amazingly smart, creative, fun and beautiful. In just a few short months, you have shown what an amazing Mom you are to our precious little Stella. She adores you and the patience and commitment you show to her is simply amazing. If you are this good in the first few months of parenthood, I can only imagine what the future holds for Stella and any other little ones you and Jason bring into this world. Thank you for all you do for me as well.

Stella - My little magical house mouse. I can't find the words to describe what you do to me! You radiate happiness, love and innocence. You started out with so many challenges that you have overcome. Although many, many people have been apart of your little success story, your spirit is what has brought you through this. God knew that we needed you in our lives and he sent you to us as a special blessing. I am so glad I get to be your Grandma LaLa. I love you baby.

Dave, Sharyl, LJ, Kory and Andrea - My second family! You have embraced me in every way possible. You go out of your way to make me comfortable and anyone that I happen to bring along with me. Sharyl and Dave, your home is warm, inviting and always full of love.

Steve and Sandy and Fam, you also have taken me in and counted me as a member of your family. You guys are amazing and so are your daughters and their families.

Kathy-Ron and Vickey-Tom - My irreverent Woodard relatives! I am so glad you are living back here instead of California! Football, BBQ's, sleepovers, day-trips to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. You are the best, and, you are always here for me. Kathy, Ron and Vickey have known me since the day I was born...I have worshiped them ever since.

Gail, Kip, Dan, Brandon, Cameron, and Karli and KODI BEAR - I wished you didn't live so far away. Life is so busy and the distance between us makes it hard to be as close as I would like to be, but the times that we are together are great! I love you Sissy.

My Dad and Hazel - Although not Bloggers, LOL, I would be remiss in not mentioning how important my Dad is in this post. It's so hard watching my Dad get older physically, but his heart is still as young as ever. I know I have said it before in my blog, but my Dad is the most gentle, most loving Dad any daughter could have. He is my inspiration. His wife Hazel is his rock and together they make a good team. If she would only stop stealing silverware and dishes from restaurants! LOL

My list of friends grows every year and amazingly, very few of them fall away. Yes, communication slows down a bit, but still, I know they are still my friends and they know I am still here for them. I have made many new friends here in St George and what a diverse group! Some of my new friends are those I have made while working 3 jobs! Several of you know of the trials and tribulations I have been thru and your shoulders have carried alot on my behalf. I can't thank you enough! New friends are always a blessing in life, but then there are the friends that go back FOREVER! Jody - You are such a special girlfriend. We always seem to be there just in time to catch each other. Although many miles separated us for many years, our connection goes too deep to allow that to change our friendship. I am so glad I am living closer to you and that you and Kevin are so good to me. Richi and Jack, you too have been there for me at just the right times. Again, many, many miles separate us, but we know that all we need to do is call and we are there for each other. Maggie and Fredith, you never forget to send me your beautiful hand-written notes, cards and photos from Arkansas. It means so much. Dinah, dare I say how long we have been friends? I'm going to go out on a limb and say greater than 40 years!!! OMG can it really be? Some of you have been faced with challenges of your own this year...Olivia, you have been through so much yet you remain amazingly strong. I admire your positive attitude and ability to take it one day at a time. Diana and Kurt, Walker's sudden tragic illness made us all realize how fragile life is, but it sounds like he's stabilized and as you said, you can now look to the future to help him adjust to his new way of life. Doug, I just hope you can get it figured out buddy.

To each of you that keep the emails, phone calls and text messages coming...you have no idea how much life you bring to me. And, for those of you who take time out of your lives to come to see me, I can't tell you how that makes me feel, other than uber-blessed. My music horizons have been expanded by some of you who have shared some amazing artists with me. Allen, introducing me to Eva Cassidy's extraordinary voice; Somewhere Over the Rainbow is stunning just as you said. Jody, I know you will love hearing it as a lover of all things OZ, and Tawni, you have chosen that same song, although a different artist as the music on your Dainty Dumplings Blog. How serendipitous is that! Michelle, Nina's CD is Kick-A! LOL. Some random notes of thanks; KayDee, I get compliments almost daily from perfect strangers on my hair - you have been a huge part of my physical transformation! More importantly, you are not only my hair stylist, but another friend I have gained here in St. George and you are always willing to listen to my amazing stories! Amber, I loved our trip to Denver and you hooking me up with rooms in Vegas was, well, above and beyond. Thank you. Tami, Treena, Chris - girls nights out have never been more fun than with you!
Grant, your all-things-Gluten Free lifestyle has been so helpful to me. I love it when you pop into my office with a new GF goodie ready to taste! Jean, I can't believe you moved away! I miss you! Thanks for the opportunity to work with you at Kays Jewelers. It was therapy for me believe it or not! Kelly in Denver, Death Cab for Cutie is by far my favorite CD to listen too when getting ready for a night on the town! Lana, we need to get you out of Salt Lake and down here to St George for a visit soon! Brad, Jason and Clark - inviting me to participate in all of the online Fantasy Leagues has been so much fun and entertaining too! Stuart, on the day my world crashed around me, you accidently stepped on a landmine by asking me if I was okay, LOL and you've been there ever since. I owe you BIG TIME! Last but not least Patrick, a renewed friendship that has had a huge impact on me. I admire the person you are, and am so glad that I am able to have influences like you in my life!

Scott, you were right...time is healing the hurt, but it wasn't just time, it was all of these people I have surrounding me. I'm sure you are experiencing many things that are bringing you happiness as well.

The ginormous ham is in the oven, a 20 pounder! We'll be eating on it for weeks. I'll send pics of the family later. Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and once again from the very bottom of my heart, thank you for being a part of my life! I love you all so much.
Glenda