Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Totally Random stuff...

Miss Smarty Pants checking out her new garden furniture at Grammies house


Michelle and Stella sharing rice. Don't you love how we have to open our mouths when we are feeding children? We all do it!
Stella stands up against the arm of the chair, because like her Daddy was, she always has to be ready for a quick get away.
Hummingbird in the bushes



For sure one of the baby hummingbirds




I'm a big girl now! I FINALLY weigh enough to be placed in a front facing car seat! She was still so light legally she had to stay in her infant seat which always faces backward. Her long little legs were so crunched up and she was so ready for mental stimulation looking forward. Stella and Tawni's life both improved drastically when we picked this up this week. Originally I had offered to buy it for her 1 year birthday. Instead I bought it on her 17th month birthday! HaHa. She looks so grown up!



Even though I didn't catch it in this photo, when Stella is without shoes, she ALWAYS walks on her toes. This doesn't surprise us because it's exactly what her Dad did. But he would curl his toes under and then run from carpet to linoleum and then back to the carpet! She has dancers legs already!




Not so sure why Grammie LaLa wasn't up running around being the normal crazy Grammie that she is. Stella came and laid her little head on the pillow where I've been resting my leg. If that isn't good medicine, nothing is!









Learning to climb in my chair.





A Sugar Smack party sitting up to my new table. She thinks she is such an adult!






I'm feeling better today and have actually managed to bathe, wash my hair, drive my car and do some laundry all by my little self. Now, I am wiped out and have resumed the laying down position that I have been doing for 7 days now.

I have some pictures that were on my camera card and I also took a short walk into my backyard today and took some photos of some baby hummingbirds that just learned to fly from the nest. Cort and Michelle have been watching the nest since I was in Europe. It's in a small bush in the backyard. The nest is barely 2 inches across. It's been amazing to watch them grow and now to see them flying. Funny, Funny story today. As most of you know I am petrified of birds. Absolutely petrified, even if they are hummingbirds. Well I'm out back with Momma and two babies buzzing around me and they would stop and look at me and then fly to another bush or tree. They make the strangest little chattering sound to each other. So I'm figuring they are as afraid of me and I am of them right? I happened to catch one of the flying about 4 feet away from me about 8 feet in the air so I hit the zoom then find the bird in my lens and get a fun picture. I took the camera down from my face and the little B**tard was 1 foot in front of my face hovering looking right at me!!! I screamed, crouched down and limped as fast as I could limp away. He scared the S*hit out of me!

Stella, well, this little angel has helped so much with my not feeling well. Tawni has been so good to take me to get blood tests on almost a daily basis and being able to be with Stella and see her smiles have made it so much better. Tawni takes her out of her car seat and tells her to go take my finger to help me walk. Stella does the funniest little gimpy walk like she's imitating my limp. It is so funny to watch. Let me tell you, when Stella walks into a room. All eyes are on her. Not only is she so adorable people are drawn to her, but she just has a command of her presence that says "okay folks, I'm here, the fun can now begin". Does that remind you of any one that any of you know?? HaHa... She does need some more Learning To Play Well With Others Training and Tawni is really working on that. She is so good at recognizing when Stella needs some special attention and she is so good to give it to her.