Saturday, June 6, 2009

Reality Bites!

I love this picture! It reminds me of all the good things on our trip. It was so relaxing for me, as Henrik did all of the driving. I sat in the passenger seat, window down and feet hanging out. This picture was taken outside of our hotel in Telfs, Austria at the Greek sidewalk cafe where we had drinks and dinner.


Most of the following pictures were taken in Northern Italy as we headed from Venice towards Trento, Italy and into Austria. The landscape here was full of vineyards and olive trees. Shortly after crossing the Austrian border we came to Innsbruck which is situated so beautifully in the Alps.





Every chance we got, we ate and drank outdoors at fun little places. Some were neighborhood bars, others were modern located in the center of town.


Have you noticed my complete transformation from perfect hair and makeup to the shower and jump in the car with wet hair and drive with the window down look???

Oh, and check out my beautiful Venetian Glass bracelet from Henrik.




Another little roadside watering hole in Italy!




On approach into Innsbruck, Austria





More of the Austrian countryside








A beautiful vineyard in the Italian Alps.






Lake Garda is Italy's biggest lake. It took us over 3 hours to drive from the southern point to the top along the eastern shoreline.

Back home in Tindbaek, Denmark. the beautiful brick wall that protects the courtyard of the farmhouse.
There is so much to tell and show, and I'll try to put some slideshows together at some point. I seriously had to pinch myself to make certain I wasn't dreaming the whole thing. Henrik drove us around for 10 days and about 2000 miles. The final list of countries that we visited was Denmark, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Italy and Leichtenstein. What a treat. In the beginning I told Henrik that after being locked in a car together for 10 days, that we would either kill one another or share a wonderful experience. Other than a couple of "intense negotiations", no one died and we discovered that we have even more in common than what we knew before.

So, it's back to reality...the good and the bad. Of course it was great to see my family again and to see little Stella get so excited to see me after almost 3 weeks. She is growing so fast, she's a toddler now, not a baby. It's just about time for another one if you ask me!
Love,
Glenda