Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Sista's Take It To the Limit!

Heidi, Michelle, and Me getting ready at the salon

I have so much fun with these Sista's! As I've mentioned before, Michelle, Heidi and Lori are 3 of about 6 sisters and they've adopted me! They are stunningly beautiful ladies inside and out. Talk about head-turners! Together, we are a force to be reckoned with, HaHa!

I have been so excited for this concert. It has been a long, long time since I've been to a concert, and the last rock concert I went to was Def Leppard more than 15 years ago. I learned 3 things:

1) no longer does everyone hold up lighters above their heads, they hold up their lit cell phones!

2) camera's and video equipment is no longer a big deal because the bands love the fact they are put on YouTube, Facebook, or MySpace so the fact I ditched my camera in the truck before we went in really pissed me off!

3) Rock and roll lives on, even in St George Utah!

I have loved Hinders songs for awhile now, and I've been listening to Theory of a Deadman on Sirius radio and REALLY like them as well. Hinders album, Take It To The Limit is playing in my car 24-7! The opening band called The VeerUnion was even good! We did not sit down the entire time, burning off all of the food we ate at the Brazilian Restaurant, lol

The pre-concert extravaganza was mostly poor Heidi doing hair, makeup and waxing for Michelle and I. It was so fun, but she worked so hard. Michelle did Heidi's hair and did a fabulous job considering she's not a trained professional, LOL!

After the concert we went to Lori's house to burn copies of all of the CD's from all 3 bands and have some post-party adult beverages. When I left them at 2:00 a.m. they were still going strong!

So, the big event for this week is behind us and I now get to plan for the big event of next week...Henrik's arrival from Denmark.

Thanks everyone for being here and checking in on me. As you can see, I am living life to the fullest and loving every friggen minute of it. In a way, I feel like I am catching up on things I've missed, and I'm checking things off of the bucket list like a heat-seeking missile.

Love Ya!




Michelle and Lori at the Brazilian Restaurant


Me and Heidi after she did my hair


Whoa Baby!



After the concert!


Michelle


Myself and Heidi at the restuarant
Heidi in her naughty Hinder T-shirt!



Hinder:


Theory of a Deadman: