Saturday, April 19, 2008

Back in the Day....

Today I was invited to lunch at Craig and Mei Pozek's house. Mei was making Asian spring rolls for me as I miss Dim Sum in Boston so much! They were delicious! Anyway, Mei and Craig live in Laverkin, Utah about 30 minutes from St. George. Laverkin is the gateway to Zions National Park. Because I left early to go to their house (I'm weird that way), I decided to take a morning drive up to the park. About 15 minutes up the highway towards Zion, is this old western trading post in Virgin, Utah. Usually I just drive by the place but this morning I thought I would stop and check it out. When I stepped into the gift shop I was transported back in time! Of course the place is FILLED with cowboy and Navajo Indian collectibles, but one section was all John Wayne memorabilia! Another section was all polished rocks and geode's. Southern Utah has so much western history. I always took it for granted when I lived here before, in fact, it always seemed a little cheesy. Now, even though still cheesy, LOL, it still a part of history and I'm glad I get to see it again.

It was fun finding this slideshow that plays it in black and white! Enjoy!