Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dog Tales



You know the drill...turn down the music so you can hear the video!

So, Stella was supposed to have a night with Grandma LaLa tonight but after having a rather "clingy" day with her Mom, it was obvious that if Tawni left she would not be a happy little Diva. Instead, they stayed at my house and Jason came down for dinner when he finished mowing his lawns. Stella and I were reading when Jason and Brody, their black lab, got to playing chase. Stella was laughing so cute at them and at one point Brody almost ran over the top of us!

Cort was out on his Harley visiting a friend who lives in Hurricane so he missed all the fun. He is still loving his bike.

It's been unseasonably cold for the last couple of days and Tawni forgot to put socks on Stella when they left to come down the hill to my house. I found a pair of mine and we put them on her to warm up her little toes. She looks like she has baby Ugs!on.

I went to dinner last night with my friend Tami at Scaldoni's and the night before I went out with Amber, the friend I went to Denver with. I was telling Amber about Patrick coming to visit me from Maine and that we are thinking of spending at least one night in Vegas. She's a Sales Manager for Hilton hotels and is hooking me up with her Friends and Family rate at one of the hotels there. You have no idea how much that will help! Once again, I have to pinch myself that I have such great friends.

I was looking at the calendar earlier and realized it was 12 years ago today that we left Utah and headed East to Maine. Two years ago today I decided to return to Utah, and one year ago this weekend, I placed Madison, our Border Collie's ashes in her special grave at Angel's Rest in the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kanab, Utah. This year, there is closure and spending the evening with my family was the best I could have ever wished for.

Love,
G